The HSG Committee held a virtual meeting on the 17th June to discuss the viability of the 35th Hunton Steam Gathering. It had been hoped to delay a decision until we knew more about the Coronavirus situation and how the various restrictions might be relaxed.
We have discussed various options and at a time in the calendar where we would usually be in full flow with organising the event, we find ourselves no further forwards in terms of event planning than we were in March due to the many unknowns. The primary concern of the Committee is the health and well-being of all the events supporters and visitors. Irrespective of the unquantifiable financial risk to a solely volunteer team, we consider that we are left no option but to postpone the 35th Hunton Steam Gathering until 11th & 12th September 2021.
This decision has not been taken lightly and we are all extremely disappointed to have to make this announcement. We thank you for your continued support and like you, cannot wait until the 2021 rally season. Please note that any exhibitor entries received, we will use your stamped and addressed envelopes to send a 2021 entry form once these are available. For all traders and public campers your cheques will not be cashed and will be returned (refunds will be made for any cheques already cashed).
Please stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you all in 2021.